Equal Opportunities Policy 2023 24November 9, 2023 2023-11-09 13:14
Equal Opportunities Policy 2023 24
Equal Opportunities Policy 2023 24
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
CTC is committed to equal treatment for all, regardless of an individual’s race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, learning difficulty, body image or social background. We are an academically selective College and we believe that the educational experience can only be enriched if children are exposed to as wide a range of cultural experiences as possible whilst they are developing. The Equality Act 2010 legally protects people from discrimination in the workplace and in wider society. It replaced previous anti-discrimination laws with a single Act, making the law easier to understand and strengthening protection in some situations. It sets out the different ways in which it’s unlawful to treat someone.
We also welcome applications from students with special needs and disabilities, and refer parents to our policy covering Accessibility and Special Education Needs.
Generous bursaries are offered in order to make it possible for as many as possible who meet the College’s admission criteria to attend the College. (Details of our provision for bursaries can be found on our website or obtained from the Finance Office).
Code of Conduct
- Promote tolerance of each other and respect for each other’s position within the College community
- Promote positive images and role models to avoid prejudice and raise awareness of related issues
- Foster an open-minded approach and encourage pupils to recognise the contributions made by different cultures. Bias should be recognised
- Understand why and how we will deal with offensive language and behaviour
- Understand why we will deal with any incidents promptly and in a sensitive manner.
A successful equal opportunities policy requires strong and positive support from parent and guardians, and full acceptance of the school’s ethos of tolerance and respect.
English as an Additional Language
Reviewed: August 2023 CD
Next Review August 2024
- NCUK is unique in UK higher education.
- NCUK is a consortium of leading universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to universities and helping students succeed when they get there.
- NCUK qualifications are recognised by NCUK universities and by most others across the UK, including many in the Russell Group (UK’s Ivy League), and also by universities internationally.
- Since 1987, NCUK has helped over 30,000 international students gain guaranteed access to leading UK universities.
International Foundation Year
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)is designed with NCUK university partners to prepare international students for first year entry to undergraduate degree courses.
Its purpose is to help bridge the gap between a student’s local qualification and starting a university degree.
Students who successfully complete the IFY gain guaranteed access to thousands of degree courses at NCUK universities.
Why choose NCUK?
- NCUK Guarantee – Students who pass their qualification are guaranteed a place at an NCUK university and can choose from thousands of degree courses.
- NCUK recruits students from over 100+ nationalities each year:
– 90% of NCUK students get into their first choice university
– 80% of NCUK students achieve a first or second class degree at university
Do you have any course inquiries?
CTC London will help you out.