Integration August 2023 24November 10, 2023 2023-11-10 7:42
Integration August 2023 24
Integration August 2023 24
POLICY ON INTEGRATION – Living & working together
All students and staff at CTC are members of an international learning community. While most of the staff are British nationals, most of the students hail from overseas. Together we represent many different cultures, languages, religious and ethical beliefs and ethnic groups.
Our diversity is something to celebrate – it enriches the community. At the same time, great sensitivity is called for to take account of people’s different expectations, likes and dislikes.
The College encourages students to mix and integrate as much as possible, including via the following means:
- Mixed nationality classes
- Extra-curricular activities. These include: football, basketball, badminton, pool, table tennis, piano, guitar, computer club, newsletter, debating, chess, volleyball
- Students’ Committee
- Timetabled weekly PSHEE sessions
- International Evenings
- Cultural outings, including to London and continental Europe
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
- Young Enterprise Scheme
- The homestay programme – we have a policy of not permitting students of the same nationality to live under the same roof. Our hostesses, furthermore, are of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Non-denominational assemblies
- Visiting speaker programme, including speakers from major world religions
Reviewed: August 2023
Next Review August 2024
- NCUK is unique in UK higher education.
- NCUK is a consortium of leading universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to universities and helping students succeed when they get there.
- NCUK qualifications are recognised by NCUK universities and by most others across the UK, including many in the Russell Group (UK’s Ivy League), and also by universities internationally.
- Since 1987, NCUK has helped over 30,000 international students gain guaranteed access to leading UK universities.
International Foundation Year
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)is designed with NCUK university partners to prepare international students for first year entry to undergraduate degree courses.
Its purpose is to help bridge the gap between a student’s local qualification and starting a university degree.
Students who successfully complete the IFY gain guaranteed access to thousands of degree courses at NCUK universities.
Why choose NCUK?
- NCUK Guarantee – Students who pass their qualification are guaranteed a place at an NCUK university and can choose from thousands of degree courses.
- NCUK recruits students from over 100+ nationalities each year:
– 90% of NCUK students get into their first choice university
– 80% of NCUK students achieve a first or second class degree at university
Do you have any course inquiries?
CTC London will help you out.