Admissions Policy 2023 24November 9, 2023 2023-11-14 11:20
Admissions Policy 2023 24
Admission Policy 2023-2024
The College welcomes boys and girls, day and boarding (homestay or our boarding house), from the age of 14. It is nondenominational and welcomes students from a full range of backgrounds, ethnic, linguistic, cultural and religious. The Principal has the responsibility for admitting students according to the admissions policy and the College assesses in advance whether a prospective student can cope with and benefit from its curriculum.
Entrance at 14+
The Pre Sixth Foundation course allows students to take a more intensive English language course and GCSE Mathematics. In addition to the compulsory elements, students will choose a pathway from Science and Engineering, Architecture and Creative Arts or Economics, Business and Social Sciences.
We discuss the requirements for each student on an individual basis, tailoring each course at whatever level to the needs of the individual.
Compulsory School Age Students
Entrance at 16+
Entrance at 17+
Access to College Premises by People Outside the College
Alcohol, Tobacco and Prescribed Medications
Anti-Bullying – a short version appears in the Student Planner
Arrangements for Searching Students and Their Possessions
Arrangements for the Supervision of Student
Assessment and Recording Behaviour
Discipline and Exclusions – a short version appears in the Student Planner
Drugs and Substance Abuse
Fire Risk Assessment,
Policy and Procedures First Aid
Health & Safety Health & Safety of Students on Educational Visits – parents and guardians are asked to give permission for students to take part in visits
ICT Acceptable Use
Medicines Storage and Handling
Mobile Phone Acceptable Use
Policy to Control Student Access
Use of Restraint
Withdrawal from EFL lessons
- NCUK is unique in UK higher education.
- NCUK is a consortium of leading universities dedicated to giving international students guaranteed access to universities and helping students succeed when they get there.
- NCUK qualifications are recognised by NCUK universities and by most others across the UK, including many in the Russell Group (UK’s Ivy League), and also by universities internationally.
- Since 1987, NCUK has helped over 30,000 international students gain guaranteed access to leading UK universities.
International Foundation Year
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)is designed with NCUK university partners to prepare international students for first year entry to undergraduate degree courses.
Its purpose is to help bridge the gap between a student’s local qualification and starting a university degree.
Students who successfully complete the IFY gain guaranteed access to thousands of degree courses at NCUK universities.
Why choose NCUK?
- NCUK Guarantee – Students who pass their qualification are guaranteed a place at an NCUK university and can choose from thousands of degree courses.
- NCUK recruits students from over 100+ nationalities each year:
– 90% of NCUK students get into their first choice university
– 80% of NCUK students achieve a first or second class degree at university
Do you have any course inquiries?
CTC London will help you out.