policyNovember 8, 2023 2023-11-29 7:03
• All students will be made aware of what plagiarism is and why it is wrong; that it can be considered to be the same as cheating, lying or stealing
• All students shall be made aware of the consequences of plagiarising as imposed by the examining regulatory body and by CTC
• All students will be informed how to avoid plagiarism by correctly referencing and citing all sources
• All students will receive full and detailed instructions regarding bibliographies and citations, in line with university expectations and regulations
• Students will be made aware that forms of intellectual and creative expression must be respected and are normally protected by law
• All tutors should be aware of the need to advise and guide students about plagiarism and its implications to support the publicised information and the PSHE programme
Copying work from another student, using work found on the internet, in a book or from any other information source is plagiarism.
Quoting from the internet, a book or from any other information source, or talking about someone else’s ideas and making it appear as if these are your own ideas, is plagiarism.
Not correctly referencing all information sources you use and writing a correct and full bibliography of all the information resources you use, is plagiarism.
Plagiarism can be deliberate cheating or just negligence. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they reference all sources correctly.
Information about plagiarism, and the college policy on it, will be available on the portal.
Issues about plagiarism shall be referred to within the PSHE programme at the college; within study skills; and as part of any subject area which requires students to submit coursework in any form.
All first year students will be informed about the seriousness of plagiarism when they join the college as part of their induction.
All students shall be given the guide on how to complete bibliographies and citations; this will also be available on the portal.
Do you have any course inquiries?
CTC London will help you out.